Gower Joins Samuels, Sheen, Thomas and Price in SimG Productions EVENING WITH THE COMPOSERS DAVIS, STITT AND WALKER, London Hippodrome, Aug 19
Kelly-Anne Gower (seen recently as Linda in the Blood Brothers tour and previously on the West End in We Will Rock You and Les Miserables) will join the previously announced Lauren Samuels (We Will Rock You, Children Of Eden), Caroline Sheen (Les Miserables, Mary Poppins), Simon Thomas (Legally Blonde, Marguerite) and Stuart Matthew Price (Mack And Mabel, Shrek) in the SimG Productions' cabaret An Evening With the Composers at the London Hippodrome's Matcham Room on Sunday August 19.
At this unique opportunity to hear original American musical theatre writing in London’s West End, the stellar cast will perform songs by 3 of the rising stars of American musical theatre songwriting - Scott Evan Davis, Georgia Stitt and Michael Patrick Walker. Davis is an actor-turned-songwriter whose songs have been performed in concerts around America, including three sold-out shows of his debut album, Cautiously Optimistic, at Don‘t Tell Mama’s; Stitt is a composer/lyricist/music director/record producer with festival award-winning shows, whose musical Mosaic ran Off-Broadway in 2010; Walker is the joint award-winning composer/lyricist of Altar Boyz which ran Off-Broadway for nearly five years, who penned songs for Disney’s Johnny and the Sprites. All three composers have released outstanding ‘songs of’ albums featuring Broadway elite vocalists.
An Evening With The Composers Davis, Stitt and Walker
The Matcham Room at The Hippodrome Casino Sunday, August 19, commencing at 5 pm
PIPPIN vs. JEKYLL & HYDE for Best Revival of a Musical and More...
Past Articles by This Author:
Robert Gould is a graduate of the University of Wales, Swansea, a former teacher, a writer of history books for schools (The French Revolution and European Nationalism, 1848-71) and the librettist and lyricist of a number of musicals. Collaborating with composer Ty Kroll, he has written the book and lyrics for the musicals, Lovers, Alone and Vocalize!. Concerts of songs from Lovers and Vocalize! were presented at the University of Wisconsin, Madison (in March 2002 and April 2003) and Alone received its world premiere staging in Madison, Wisconsin in April 2003. He has co-written the book & lyrics(with Jimmy Granstrom) for The Dying Game, a musical that speaks for the victims of HIV/AIDS in Africa (with music by Filip von Uexkull, Ty Kroll & Tristan Bons) - which received a showcase production at the Greenwich Musical Futures season in 2005. He wrote lyrics for the Tim Prottey-Jones albums More With Every Line and Surrounded By The Sounds and is currently developing the musical Roundabout with songwriter Joe Sterling and the musicals Based On A True Story, Elephant Juice, Grace Notes, Flop and My Land's Shore with composer Christopher J. Orton. |
- Brown & Morsley Lead Cast in London Premiere of Yeston & Kopit's PHANTOM
- Lloyd Wins 2013 Principality Building Society Welsh Musical Theater Young Singer Of The Year
- Finalists Announced for 2013 Principality Building Society Welsh Musical Theatre Young Singer of the Year
- BWW Reviews: HONK!, Tabard Theatre, December 12, 2012
- BWW Reviews: SELF TAUGHT, STILL LEARNING - THE MUSIC OF CHRIS PASSEY
- GIGGIN4GOOD Charity Concert for Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital Returns to Actors' Church, Covent Garden, Oct 7
- Gower Joins Samuels, Sheen, Thomas and Price in SimG Productions EVENING WITH THE COMPOSERS DAVIS, STITT AND WALKER, London Hippodrome, Aug 19
- Songs by Anderson & Petty, Tisdall and Orton To Be Showcased in THE SONGWRITERS' UNION at The Union Theatre, Sunday August 12
- Young Songwriters Tamar Broadbent and Theo Jamieson to Be Showcased in GIGGING FOR IT at Freedom Bar, Soho, August 5
- BWW Reviews: CHLOE HART: REDESIGN, Union Theatre, July 22, 2012
More Articles by This Author...