Pop Idol and West End favourite Gareth Gates (Joseph, Les Misérables, Legally Blonde) will star on the upcoming live album release of Momentous Musicals, alongside Jonathan Ansell (G4, Whistle Down the Wind), Daniel Boys (Any Dream Will Do, Avenue Q), Emma Williams (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Love Story) and Rachael Wooding (Jersey Boys, Hairspray).
This sophisticated celebration of musical theatre, showcasing soaring ballads and fondly remembered songs from the most significant musicals of our generation, premièred at New Wimbledon Theatre earlier this year, and is released as a 16-track live recording on Monday 7th January 2013 by Speckulation Entertainment, which produced the live stage show.
1) One Night Only - Rachael Wooding & Ensemble
2) Maria - Daniel Boys
3) Close Every Door – Gareth Gates
4) I Know Him So Well – Emma Williams & Rachael Wooding
5) Loves Changes Everything – Jonathan Ansell
6) You Must Love Me – Rachael Wooding
7) Mein Herr – Emma Williams & Ensemble
8) So Much Better – Rachael Wooding & Ensemble
9) Empty Chairs at Empty Tables – Gareth Gates
10) Hushabye Mountain – Emma Williams
11) Being Alive – Daniel Boys
12) Why, God, Why? – Gareth Gates
13) Gethsemane – Jonathan Ansell
14) No One But You (Only the Good Die Young) – Rachael Wooding
15) For Good – Gareth Gates & Rachael Wooding
Pre-order the album for the pre-release price of £12.99 at www.momentousmusicals.com.
Since being catapulted into the limelight as a finalist on the original Pop Idol 10 years ago, Gareth Gates has sold over 3 million singles in the UK, and toured extensively as a solo artist, playing to sold out arenas. He has recently carved out an enviable niche for himself as a lead musical theatre artist, with coveted starring roles in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat for Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber and Les Misérables for Sir Cameron Mackintosh. Gareth will next star alongside The Osmonds in the upcoming 2013 UK tour of the hit 70’s musical Boogie Nights.
Jonathan Ansell shot to fame with pop opera group G4 on the first series of The X Factor. His previous theatre credits include the lead role of The Man in Andrew Lloyd Webber's Whistle Down the Wind and A Tale of Two Cities at the Charing Cross Theatre, London.
Daniel Boys is best known for his appearance on the BBC TV talent show Any Dream Will Do. His previous theatre credits include the role of Princeton / Rod in the West End production of Avenue Q, for which he won a 2009 Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers' Choice Award. He will next star in the upcoming 2013 tour of the classic musical High Society.
Emma Williams made her West End debut as Truly Scrumptious in the original cast of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Her other West End theatre credits include Luisain Zorro, Shelly in the UK première of Bat Boy and Jenny in the critically acclaimed Love Story.